Learn how to use PLECS with a collection of short tutorial videos.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Windows Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Mac Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Mac operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Windows Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Mac Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Mac operating system.
- Introduction to PLECS Standalone (7 minutes) (relevant for PLECS Blockset)
Build a simple RLC network using the schematic editor and the component library.
- Introduction to PLECS Blockset (12 minutes) (relevant for PLECS Standalone)
Design a buck converter in PLECS with controls modeled in Simulink.
- Using the PLECS Scope (11 minutes)
Explore the powerful features to display and post-process simulation results.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 1 (10 minutes)
Include loss information for a device and calculate its temperature.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 2 (6 minutes)
Calculate semiconductor losses and quickly estimate steady-state temperatures.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 1 (8 minutes)
Structure your model hierarchically with subsystems.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 2 (9 minutes)
Build your own reusable components by masking subsystems.
- Custom Components in PLECS Blockset (3 minutes)
Create a user library component in PLECS Blockset.
- Writing Simulation Scripts in PLECS Standalone (11 minutes)
Perform automated parameter variations and multiple simulation runs.
PLECS RT Box
- Basic Setup of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides basic instructions for setting up a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Advanced Network Configurations of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides instructions for configuring advanced network features on a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Building a Simple PLECS Model on PLECS RT Box 1 (3 minutes)
This video provides a step-by-step tutorial on building a simple PLECS model on the PLECS RT Box 1.
- Introducing the PLECS RT Box (5 minutes)
Watch a quick demo of the typical design workflow and see how an offline PLECS model can run online in seconds.
- Distributed Real-Time Simulation using PLECS and the RT Box (8 minutes)
Interconnect multiple RT Boxes together.
- Getting Started with the TI C2000 Target Support Package (13 minutes)
Learn how to deploy generated embedded code onto a TI C2000 MCU directly via PLECS or with CCS.
- External Mode and Parameter Inlining with the TI C2000 Target Support Package (8 minutes)
Update Scopes in PLECS with real-time waveforms and change certain control parameters on the fly.
PLECS Model of the Month
Here is a collection of monthly videos that explore specific application example models.
- Microgrid (7 minutes)
A microgrid in island operation
- Constant On-Time Control (8 minutes)
Buck converter with constant on-Time control
- Solar Inverter with Islanding Scenario (6 minutes)
NPC solar inverter with islanding scenario
- Interleaved PFC Converter (8 minutes)
Two-phase interleaved PFC converter
- Rapid Control Prototyping (8 minutes)
Rapid control prototyping with the RT Box
- CT-CV Battery Charging Technique (5 minutes)
CT-CV charging technique for Li-ion batteries
- Solid-State Transformer (6 minutes)
Single-phase solid-state transformer for grid distribution
- ATmega328 Microcontroller Target Support (7 minutes)
Code generation for an Arduino Uno board
- SST Controller Validation using PIL (9 minutes)
Solid-state transformer controller testing with processor-in-the-Loop
- Coherent Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) (9 minutes)
Coherent sampling, switching, and phase-locked loop (PLL)
- Modified Z-Source Inverter (5 minutes)
Embedded Enhanced-Boost Z-Source Voltage Source Inverter
- Transformerless Inverter (9 minutes)
High Step-Up Transformerless Inverter for AC Module Applications with Active Power Decoupling
- Decentralized Control of Parallel Converters (6 minutes)
Decentralized Interleaving of Paralleled DC/DC Buck Converters
- Distributed Torque Control for Dual Star PMSM (6 minutes)
Novel Control Scheme for Multiphase Machines in EV Drivetrains with Hybrid Energy Storage
View our webinar presentations that go into greater depth into specific topics.
- PLECS Coder (27-August, 2019, 47 minutes)
Using the PLECS Coder for auto-generation of embedded code and the TI C2000 Target Support Package
- Rapid Control Prototyping (22-August, 2019, 41 minutes)
Using the RT Box as a controller and tuning parameters on the fly with a real plant system
- Microgrid Applications (25-July, 2019, 44 minutes)
Using the PLECS toolchain for microgrid control and distributed energy resource integration
- Control Design Using the Small-Signal Analysis Tools (28-March 2019, 37 minutes)
A workflow for control design and analysis using Bode plots
- Offline Modeling to Real-Time Simulation (6-March 2019, 33 minutes)
Real-time models for a plant and closed-loop controller are built from scratch
- PLECS 4.2 Features Highlights (20-September 2018, 21 minutes)
New routing algorithm, dynamic mask icons, and code generation enhancements
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS (18-September 2018, 53 minutes)
Power semiconductor loss, circuit efficiency and temperature calculations
- PLECS Tips and Tricks (11-April 2018, 33 minutes)
PLECS shortcuts, little known features, and best practices
- Simulating a Solar Inverter in Real Time with the PLECS RT Box (12-December 2017, 30 minutes)
Inverter control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
- Using the PLECS State Machine Block (28-November 2017, 44 minutes)
Model controls using a graphical user interface
- Introduction to PLECS Physical Domains (07-September 2017, 53 minutes)
Thermal, magnetic, and mechanical domains
- Simulating Motor Drives in Real Time using the PLECS RT Box (18-May 2017, 40 minutes)
Motor control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller