Learn how to use PLECS with a collection of short tutorial videos.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Windows Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Mac Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Mac operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Windows Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Mac Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Mac operating system.
- Introduction to PLECS Blockset (16 minutes)
Design a buck converter using PLECS Blockset and/or Simulink library components.
- Introduction to PLECS Standalone (13 minutes)
Design a buck converter using the PLECS Standalone schematic editor and the component library.
- Using the PLECS Scope (11 minutes)
Explore the powerful features to display and post-process simulation results.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 1 (10 minutes)
Include loss information for a device and calculate its temperature.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 2 (6 minutes)
Calculate semiconductor losses and quickly estimate steady-state temperatures.
- Exploring the Thermal Import Wizard (10 minutes)
Import thermal loss data from datasheet graphs.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 1 (8 minutes)
Structure your model hierarchically with subsystems.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 2 (9 minutes)
Build your own reusable components by masking subsystems.
- Custom Components in PLECS Blockset (3 minutes)
Create a user library component in PLECS Blockset.
- Writing Simulation Scripts in PLECS Standalone (11 minutes)
Perform automated parameter variations and multiple simulation runs.
PLECS RT Box
- Basic Setup of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides basic instructions for setting up a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Advanced Network Configurations of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides instructions for configuring advanced network features on a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Building a Simple PLECS Model on PLECS RT Box 1 (3 minutes)
This video provides a step-by-step tutorial on building a simple PLECS model on the PLECS RT Box 1.
- Configuring Analog Inputs and Outputs on PLECS RT Box 1 (12 minutes)
This video shows how to configure the analog I/O blocks, their voltage ranges, scale and offset parameters, and scope triggers in external mode.
- Configuring Digital Inputs and PWM Capture on PLECS RT Box 1 (9 minutes)
This video shows how to configure digital inputs for general purpose applications and capture high-resolution PWM signals for HIL applications.
- Configuring Digital and PWM Outputs on PLECS RT Box 1 (10 minutes)
This video shows how to configure digital outputs for general purpose applications and generate configurable PWM signals for RCP applications.
- Introducing the PLECS RT Box (5 minutes)
Watch a quick demo of the typical design workflow and see how an offline PLECS model can run online in seconds.
- Distributed Real-Time Simulation using PLECS and the RT Box (8 minutes)
Interconnect multiple RT Boxes together.
- Getting Started with the TI C2000 Target Support Package (14 minutes)
Learn how to deploy generated embedded code onto a TI C2000 MCU directly via PLECS or with CCS.
- External Mode and Parameter Inlining with the TI C2000 Target Support Package (8 minutes)
Update Scopes in PLECS with real-time waveforms and change certain control parameters on the fly.
View our webinar presentations that go into greater depth into specific topics.
- Multi-threaded Control Code Generation (28-October, 42 minutes)
Deploy nested control models onto an embedded target
- Introduction to the Electric Machine Library (5-August 2020, 34 minutes)
Machine model implementations, capabilities, and applications
- PLECS 4.4 Features Highlights (22-July 2020, 37 minutes)
New user interface updates, added components, and more capabilities
- Offline Modeling to Embedded Code Generation (11-March 2020, 47 minutes)
A control law model is built from scratch and embedded code is automatically generated and built onto a TI C2000 MCU
- Introduction to PLECS Processor-in-the-Loop (PIL) (4-December 2019, 37 minutes)
How PIL works, its benefits, and how to integrate the framework into an embedded project
- PLECS Coder (27-August, 2019, 47 minutes)
Using the PLECS Coder for auto-generation of embedded code and the TI C2000 Target Support Package
- Rapid Control Prototyping (22-August, 2019, 41 minutes)
Using the RT Box as a controller and tuning parameters on the fly with a real plant system
- Microgrid Applications (25-July, 2019, 44 minutes)
Using the PLECS toolchain for microgrid control and distributed energy resource integration
- Control Design Using the Small-Signal Analysis Tools (28-March 2019, 37 minutes)
A workflow for control design and analysis using Bode plots
- Offline Modeling to Real-Time Simulation (6-March 2019, 33 minutes)
Real-time models for a plant and closed-loop controller are built from scratch
- PLECS 4.2 Features Highlights (20-September 2018, 21 minutes)
New routing algorithm, dynamic mask icons, and code generation enhancements
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS (18-September 2018, 53 minutes)
Power semiconductor loss, circuit efficiency and temperature calculations
- PLECS Tips and Tricks (11-April 2018, 33 minutes)
PLECS shortcuts, little known features, and best practices
- Simulating a Solar Inverter in Real Time with the PLECS RT Box (12-December 2017, 30 minutes)
Inverter control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
- Using the PLECS State Machine Block (28-November 2017, 44 minutes)
Model controls using a graphical user interface
- Introduction to PLECS Physical Domains (07-September 2017, 53 minutes)
Thermal, magnetic, and mechanical domains
- Simulating Motor Drives in Real Time using the PLECS RT Box (18-May 2017, 40 minutes)
Motor control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
PLECS Model of the Month
Here is a collection of videos that explore specific application example models, often provided by PLECS users.
- Microgrid (7 minutes)
A microgrid in island operation
- Constant On-Time Control (8 minutes)
Buck converter with constant on-Time control
- Solar Inverter with Islanding Scenario (6 minutes)
NPC solar inverter with islanding scenario
- Interleaved PFC Converter (8 minutes)
Two-phase interleaved PFC converter
- Rapid Control Prototyping (8 minutes)
Rapid control prototyping with the RT Box
- CT-CV Battery Charging Technique (5 minutes)
CT-CV charging technique for Li-ion batteries
- Solid-State Transformer (6 minutes)
Single-phase solid-state transformer for grid distribution
- SST Controller Validation using PIL (9 minutes)
Solid-state transformer controller testing with processor-in-the-Loop
- Coherent Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) (9 minutes)
Coherent sampling, switching, and phase-locked loop (PLL)
- Modified Z-Source Inverter (5 minutes)
Embedded Enhanced-Boost Z-Source Voltage Source Inverter
- Transformerless Inverter (9 minutes)
High Step-Up Transformerless Inverter for AC module applications with active power decoupling
- Decentralized Control of Parallel Converters (6 minutes)
Decentralized interleaving of paralleled DC/DC buck converters
- Distributed Torque Control for Dual Star PMSM (6 minutes)
Novel control scheme for multiphase machines in EV drivetrains with hybrid energy storage
- Three Phase Three Switch (TPTS) Converter (7 minutes)
Carrier-based modulating technique for the TPTS topology