Learn how to use PLECS with a collection of short tutorial videos.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Windows Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Standalone on a Mac Machine (3 minutes)
How to install PLECS Standalone on a Mac operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Windows Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Windows operating system.
- Install PLECS Blockset on a Mac Machine (4 minutes)
How to install PLECS Blockset on a Mac operating system.
- Introduction to PLECS Standalone (7 minutes) (relevant for PLECS Blockset)
Build a simple RLC network using the schematic editor and the component library.
- Introduction to PLECS Blockset (12 minutes) (relevant for PLECS Standalone)
Design a buck converter in PLECS with controls modeled in Simulink.
- Using the PLECS Scope (11 minutes)
Explore the powerful features to display and post-process simulation results.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 1 (10 minutes)
Include loss information for a device and calculate its temperature.
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS - Part 2 (6 minutes)
Calculate semiconductor losses and quickly estimate steady-state temperatures.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 1 (8 minutes)
Structure your model hierarchically with subsystems.
- Modeling Custom Components - Part 2 (9 minutes)
Build your own reusable components by masking subsystems.
- Writing Simulation Scripts in PLECS Standalone (11 minutes)
Perform automated parameter variations and multiple simulation runs.
PLECS RT Box
- Basic Setup of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides basic instructions for setting up a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Advanced Network Configurations of PLECS RT Box 1 (7 minutes)
This video provides instructions for configuring advanced network features on a PLECS RT Box 1.
- Building a Simple PLECS Model on PLECS RT Box 1 (3 minutes)
This video provides a step-by-step tutorial on building a simple PLECS model on the PLECS RT Box 1.
- Introducing the PLECS RT Box (5 minutes)
Watch a quick demo of the typical design workflow and see how an offline PLECS model can run online in seconds.
- Distributed Real-Time Simulation using PLECS and the RT Box (8 minutes)
Interconnect multiple RT Boxes together.
PLECS Model of the Month
Here is a collection of monthly videos that explore specific application example models.
- January 2018 - Microgrid
A microgrid in island operation
- February 2018 - Constant On-Time Control
Buck converter with constant on-Time control
- March 2018 - Solar Inverter with Islanding Scenario
NPC solar inverter with islanding scenario
- April 2018 - Interleaved PFC Converter
Two-phase interleaved PFC converter
- May 2018 - Rapid Control Prototyping
Rapid control prototyping with the RT Box
- June 2018 - CT-CV Battery Charging Technique
CT-CV charging technique for Li-ion batteries
- July 2018 - Solid-State Transformer
Single-phase solid-state transformer for grid distribution
- August 2018 - ATmega328 Microcontroller Target Support
Code generation for an Arduino Uno board
- October 2018 - SST Controller Validation using PIL
Solid-state transformer controller testing with processor-in-the-Loop
- November 2018 - Coherent Voltage Source Inverter (VSI)
Coherent sampling, switching, and phase-locked loop (PLL)
- December 2018 - Modified Z-Source Inverter
Embedded Enhanced-Boost Z-Source Voltage Source Inverter
View our webinar presentations that go into greater depth into specific topics.
- Simulating Motor Drives in Real Time using the PLECS RT Box (18-May 2017, 40 minutes)
Motor control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
- Introduction to PLECS Physical Domains (07-September 2017, 53 minutes)
Thermal, magnetic, and mechanical domains
- Using the PLECS State Machine Block (28-November 2017, 44 minutes)
Model controls using a graphical user interface
- Simulating a Solar Inverter in Real Time with the PLECS RT Box (12-December 2017, 30 minutes)
Inverter control HIL testing with a TI C2000 controller
- PLECS Tips and Tricks (11-April 2018, 33 minutes)
PLECS shortcuts, little known features, and best practices
- Thermal Modeling in PLECS (18-September 2018, 53 minutes)
Power semiconductor loss, circuit efficiency and temperature calculations
- PLECS 4.2 Features Highlights (20-September 2018, 21 minutes)
New routing algorithm, dynamic mask icons, and code generation enhancements
- Offline Modeling to Real-Time Simulation (6-March 2019, 33 minutes)
Real-time models for a plant and closed-loop controller are built from scratch
- Control Design Using the Small-Signal Analysis Tools (28-March 2019, 37 minutes)
A workflow for control design and analysis using Bode plots