Over the past 20+ years, Plexim has become the world’s leading provider of simulation software for power electronic systems. In addition, with real-time test systems and automatic code generation, we offer pioneering technologies for the development of control systems. Our customers are industrial corporations, research labs and technical universities that develop systems for electrical energy conversion and thus drive e-mobility and renewable energy supply, among many other applications. For the technical support of our growing customer base and successful deployment of our increasingly more capable toolchain, we are constantly looking for dynamic electrical engineers.
This position requires some travel (up to 10%).
Plexim’s office in Cambridge, Massachusetts, has the following open position:
Applications Engineer Power Electronics
In this role you are a technical expert in power electronics applications. With the support of smart and passionate colleagues, you excel at solving technical challenges and enjoy exploring ideas on the cutting edge of power electronics. By advising engineers on our tools used for the simulation, design, prototyping, and testing of real world development efforts, you gain tremendous insight into industry trends and challenges. Your contributions and ideas directly affect the pace and efficiency of our customers' innovations.
- Providing technical support for our product offerings (PLECS, RT Box, Coder)
- Development of sophisticated simulation models for power electronics applications
- Preparation of training materials and application notes (written, screencast, video)
- Presentation of software and hardware via web and in-person meetings and industry events
- Development of new library components and feature proof of concepts
- Degree in electrical engineering (MS preferred or BS with experience)
- Good understanding of power electronics and/or embedded controls
- Prior circuit simulator and MATLAB/Simulink experience desired
- You see technical problems as a challenge and learning opportunity
- Strong conceptual thinking and attention to detail during implementation
- Confident communication in English and comfort presenting to engineers
What we offer:
- A challenging job that requires creative technical solutions
- A dynamic, owner-managed company with short decision-making processes and a flat hierarchy
- A team of passionate scientists and engineers who enjoy sharing their knowledge and view our success as a collaborative effort
- A focus on outstanding product quality and long-term customer benefits rather than short-term financial metrics and deadlines
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
Plexim, Inc., 5 Upland Road, Suite 4, Cambridge, MA 02140