￼Plexim is a dynamic, international company, providing modeling and simulation tools to high-tech firms, universities and research laboratories since 2002. An energetic and dynamic workplace, Plexim offers many opportunities for motivated and team-oriented professionals to learn and to make a difference.
Plexim's office in Cambridge, Massachusetts, has the following open position:
System Design Engineer
The System Design Engineer (SDE) develops complex software and hardware solutions for the modeling and validation of power electronic systems. The SDE interacts closely with Plexim’s customers to develop custom offline and real-time simulation models and provide expert technical assistance. The SDE also assists the Plexim R&D staff with new product development and the writing of technical documentation and training materials.
This position requires up to 20% travel, possibly including international.
- Developing advanced simulation models for power electronics applications (using PLECS)
- Designing control software and hardware modules for PIL and HIL applications
- Implementing custom solutions for Plexim customers
- Providing customer technical support in person, by phone, web conference and email
- Generating technical documentation, training modules, application notes and online tutorials
- Delivering off-site technical workshops and seminars
- Master’s degree required in Electrical Engineering
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems and digital controls strongly preferred (e.g., TI C2000, STM32, Microchip)
- Experience with digital control hardware design desired (e.g., Eagle, Xilinx Vivaldo)
- Solid understanding of power electronics and/or motor drives
- Prior PLECS or MATLAB/Simulink experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Passion for learning and solving technical challenges is crucial
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Must enjoy working in a team environment, but also be independent and enjoy traveling
- New or recent graduates are welcome to apply
If you love power electronics and enjoy learning about the latest innovations in various industries while assisting experts in the field, we want to hear from you.
Candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should specifically address the listed job qualifications.
Plexim Inc, 5 Upland Road, Suite 4, Cambridge MA 02140, USA