Target Support Packages
To operate the RT Box, PLECS Standalone or PLECS Blockset and the PLECS Coder are required on a host computer. In addition, a Target Support Package (see table below) must be installed on the host.
|Microsoft Windows 32-bit / 64-bit||PLECS_RT_Box_1.3.3_win.zip (121183608 bytes)|
|Mac / Intel 64-bit||PLECS_RT_Box_1.3.3_mac.zip (70688245 bytes)|
|Linux / Intel 64-bit||PLECS_RT_Box_1.3.3_linux.zip (116247090 bytes)|
Please download the appropriate ZIP archive, extract it and move the folder
PLECS_RT_Box e.g. to
HOME/Documents/PLECS/CoderTargets. In PLECS, choose the entry Preferences... from the File menu (PLECS menu on Mac OS X) to open the PLECS Preferences dialog.
On the Coder tab click on the Change button and select the folder
HOME/Documents/PLECS/CoderTargets. The RT Box Target should now be listed under Installed targets.
The firmware of the RT Box is stored on a SD Card which is accessible on the back side of the box. The version of the installed firmware is displayed in the Info tab in the RT Box web interface.
Follow these steps for updating the firmware:
- Turn off the RT Box. Remove the SD Card from the slot on the back of the box by pushing it in.
- Put the card into an SD card reader connected to your PC.
- Locate the new firmware: Open the directory containing the target support package, then open the folder
PLECS_RT_Box\firmware. It contains a sub-directory versionnumber, e.g. 1.2.0. The firmware files are the two files image.ub and BOOT.BIN in this directory.
- Copy the two files image.ub and BOOT.BIN to the root directory of the SD card.
- Eject the SD card and remove it from the card reader.
- Place the SD card back into the slot on the back of the RT Box.
- Turn on the box and reload the web interface of the RT Box in your web browser. The new firmware version should be displayed in the Info tab of the RT Box Web Interface.
Version 1.1: Initial RT Box firmware
Version 1.2: Support for SFP communication
Version 1.3: Support for PWM synchronization and variable ADC sampling delay