Plexim is a dynamic, international company, providing modeling and simulation tools to high tech firms, universities and research laboratories worldwide since 2002. An energetic and exciting workplace, Plexim offers many opportunities for motivated and team-oriented professionals to learn and to make a difference. Plexim has the following open position to be based in either Boston, MA or Seattle, WA.
Real-Time Simulation Engineer
The Real-Time Simulation Engineer (RTSE) develops complex software and hardware solutions for the modeling and validation of power electronic systems. The RTSE interacts closely with Plexim’s R&D staff to develop technical materials in support of the PLECS RT Box real-time platform, including for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing and rapid-control prototyping (RCP). The RTSE’s activities will focus on integrating PLECS power electronics simulation models with the RT Box to provide Plexim’s current and prospective customers with application examples, product training, and technical support. Further, the RTSE will develop custom hardware and interface boards. The RTSE creates documentation, white papers, online training modules and workshop presentations for these tools. The RTSE also visits customers and attends conferences and trade shows.
This position requires up to 30% travel, possibly including international.
- Provide customer technical support in person, by phone, web conference and email
- Develop advanced simulation models and controllers for power electronics applications
- Generate training modules, application notes and online tutorials
- Deliver off-site technical workshops and seminars
- Assist with pre-sales and product evaluation activities
- Participate in customer visits, trade shows and conferences
- Master's degree required in Electrical Engineering
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems and digital controls strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of power electronics and/or motor drives
- Prior experience with printed circuit board design tools desired
- Prior PLECS or MATLAB/Simulink experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Passion for learning and solving technical challenges is crucial
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Must enjoy working in a team environment, but also be independent and enjoy traveling
If you love power electronics and enjoy learning about the latest innovations in various industries while assisting experts in the field, we want to hear from you.
Candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should specifically address the listed job qualifications.
Plexim, Inc., 5 Upland Rd, Suite #4, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA
Plexim, Inc., 107 Spring St, Seattle, WA 98104 USA