Plexim is a dynamic, international company, providing modeling and simulation tools to high tech firms, universities and research laboratories worldwide since 2002. An energetic and exciting workplace, Plexim offers many opportunities for motivated and team-oriented professionals to learn and to make a difference.
Plexim's office in Cambridge, Massachusetts, has the following open position:
Senior Applications Engineer
The Senior Applications Engineer (SAE) is a technical expert in power electronics modeling, simulation, and control who assists Plexim’s customers in best practices in the simulation and testing of power electronics systems. More specifically, the SAE develops application notes, white papers, online training modules as well as workshop presentations for the PLECS power electronics simulation tool. Additionally, the SAE interacts closely with Plexim’s R&D staff and assists with the review and testing of new product features.
This position requires some travel (up to 20%).
- Provide customer technical support on power electronics simulation and testing
- Development of advanced simulation models for power electronics applications
- Designing control software and hardware modules for PIL and HIL applications
- Development of training modules, application notes and online tutorials
- Delivery of technical off-site workshops and seminars
- Assistance with pre-sales and product evaluation activities
- Participation in customer visits, trade shows and conferences
- Provide custom engineering services to customers for power electronics applications
- Create and support automatic code generation tools for embedded processors
- Advance strategic product development and sales strategy in the Americas
- Contribute to professional committees and working groups in power electronics
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, or the foreign equivalent
- 3 years of post-graduate experience in power electronics or embedded controls in applications such as motor drives and renewable technologies
- 3 years of experience in modeling and simulation with software such as PLECS, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar
- 3 years of experience using the PLECS RT Box for hardware-in-the-loop and rapid control prototyping
- Must also have familiarity with scripting using XML-RCP
- 1 year of experience with the PLECS Coder as a tool for embedded controllers code generation for the TI C2000 series microprocessors, such as the TI 2806x, 2837x, 28004x, and 2833x microprocessors
- Must have solved complex simulation and modeling challenges for customers
- Must have prepared and published written technical documentation
Please submit resumes by mail only to HR at Plexim, Inc., 5 Upland Road, Suite 4, Cambridge, MA 02140.